Senior Finance Director, APAC – Accounting & Controls
Thermo Fisher Scientific Ltd (Life Technologies Ltd)
July 2000 - May 2016 (15 years)
• US based global corporation with New Zealand revenue of US $60m and employing 125+ employees, manufacturing and supplying products and solutions for speeding up the life science research
• Responsible for Accounting function for all the subsidiary companies in APAC region with teams based in 9 countries and total Accounting staff of 110.
• Being involved in dealing with Tax consultants, Statutory Auditors and Banking institutions in APAC.
• Lead and coordinate the effort of regional accounting team during implementation of ERP systems.
• An active member of regional compliance committee, focussing on governance risks in APAC region.
• Focus on correct and timely reporting, meeting all local statutory as well as US GAAP reporting
• Managing and mentoring a diverse team
• Improved costing systems for manufacturing processes in New Zealand, reporting on regional working capital, Continuous updating standard operating procedures and setting up approval matrices for various financial processes in APAC region
• Rationalization of operating expenses in APAC Accounting function
• Integration of accounting teams on acquisitions in APAC region
• Initiated Peer review process of balance sheet account reconciliations in APAC region