Te Whare Hukahuka | Ka Eke Poutama Rangatahi into Governance and Leadership
April 2018 - September 2018 (5 months)
Ka Eke Poutama (KEP) is a response to the need to build up a generation of confident, capable and engaged rangatahi Māori to take on governance positions throughout our community.
KEP is a practical three month governance programme combining: training, guest speakers, coaching sessions, networking and real-life board experience. The programme draws on stories and case studies from Māori organisations and top businesses, weaves in themes of innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership and connects emerging leaders with experienced governors and business leaders.
The programme covers:
- Indigenous approaches to governance and enterprise growth
- The roles and responsibilities of trustees when holding a governance position
- The most common risks that Maori trusts experience and how to manage them
- Navigating future trends that will change the world and our communities
- How to develop great strategy for a Maori trust or new enterprise
- Entrepreneurial principles to accelerate enterprise growth
10 ways to innovate in a company to keep it ahead of the game
- Ways to measure and monitor progress towards your strategy
- Operational tools and systems that ensure things get done
- How to have effective trustee meetings that focus on the right things
- Tricks to improve communication between all people you engage with