Waitemata District Health Board
January 2012 - Present (6 years)
Waitemata DHB is responsible for providing health needs to a population of approximately 560,000 people living in North and West Auckland.
• Take overall financial responsibility for the financial performance of a service group (currently Child, Womens and Family Service) including:
• Oversaw the financial requirements for the service of $110m per annum including preparation, management and reporting of annual budgets
• Act as the point of contact between corporate support services (decision support Group) and the General Manager of the service
• Support The General Manager, Operations Managers and Clinical Leaders in matters of financial strategy and business risk
• Analyse trends in cost and revenue, productivity outputs, and facilitate service planning around these trends
• Assist in the development and implementation of business cases and service development, especially with regards to full costing and risk assessments
• Oversee Asset Management for the Service
• Support and Develop management capabilities in colleagues, specifically in areas relating to financials, contracts and strategic planning.
• Provide training to staff where required
• Took on overall DHB Performance KPI reporting responsibilities with regards to analysing and national Hospital Quality and Productivity Report, and reporting to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on findings.
• Identified and implemented annual savings programme of $4.9m for the 2012/13 financial year, which is currently on track to realise 80% of identified savings.